Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cantalouper Posters






Here are two posters I have done for the band Cantalouper, from Columbia, Missouri. They are really great and I encourage everyone to check them out at their Myspace page.

In the first poster I did for them, I wanted to revisit the old traveling revue style posters of the 1950s and 60s. Utilizing mainly text with only a few small photos, I wanted the poster to be eye-catching and straight forward.

The second poster was for a show Cantalouper played with Royal Pines. I wanted to somehow combine the imagery of a pine forest with the Cantalouper logo, which is a cantaloupe with "X" eyes and a mouth. I wanted the poster's image to be simple but easily translated. Because of the scale difference of a pine tree compared to a cantaloupe, I was struggling to find a way to incorporate the different images. So I eventually came up with a single tree branch with a pine cone and cantaloupe growing from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment